top of page


2021 Logo_edited.jpg

Is your property let on one of the following types of domestic tenancies:

  • an assured tenancy?

  • a regulated tenancy?

  • a domestic agricultural tenancy

Is your property legally required to have an EPC?

If the property you let has been marketed for sale or let, or modified, in the past 10 years then it will probably be legally required to have an EPC.

Under what circumstances is an EPC not required for a holiday let?

An EPC is not required for a holiday let where:


  • the property is rented out for less than 4 months in a year; or it is let under a licence to occupy – regardless of the amount of time it is occupied.

  • A licence to occupy is an arrangement where the holiday maker does not have exclusive use of the property, for example, where the property owner or their representative has the right to access the premises during the period of the booking.

Funding improvements to your property

The cost cap: you will never be required to spend more than £3,500 (including VAT) on energy efficiency improvements.

If you cannot improve your property to EPC E for £3,500 or less, you should make all the improvements which can be made up to that amount, then register an ‘all improvements made’ exemption.



bottom of page